Thursday, March 17, 2011

To be a bride again...

So one of the fun things about working with photographers is getting to wear crazy theme costumes/outfits that the average person only wear once. The biggest one being my wedding gown. I dont know many women who ever get a chance to wear their gown again and feel beautiful again. Maybe try that other hairstyle they werent so sure of on their wedding day or different jewelry that was the "second choice" on the biggest day of their lives.

Dawn with Pink Dawn Photography was so much fun. Total butch lesbian who loves wedding photography and all things girly, but in other people.  I showed up to her listening to an indie pop song about some woman singing about her vagina and just laughed. Odd, certainly, but amusing and full of personality. After seeing my gown she choose to put my hair up instead of down (which is how I wore it at my own wedding) and choose a completely different set of accessories. I worked with an amazing makeup artist named Qui and she did a look that was very unlike my own wedding as well.  Once I was all put together I felt like a princess again, a different sort of princess than my real day. (not to mention my dress is too big for me now! yay for loosing those inches on my hips and thighs) *all images enlarge when you click on them*



No comments:

Post a Comment