Friday, March 18, 2011

First Shoot Jitters

So Ive been doing various modeling concepts since June 2010 and its only fitting that I talk about my first experience in front of the camera. My husband and I had an engagement photo shoot before our wedding and when we showed up the photographer gushed about how fun we were and how I looked like a model. I had never in my life been called a model, let alone thought I was pretty enough to do it. She wouldn't let up, she told me how she uses a site to find models when she wants to update her portfolio and how she wished she had worked with me the last time she did a test shoot. I was familiar with this website as another of my friends had been doing more nude/fetish modeling but hadn't ever thought of the other concepts that could be wanted or needed by various photographers. After our engagement shoot I went home and went to the the website and toyed with the idea of joining for a week or so. It took some heavy convincing by some of my closest friends to try. Ive always been an awkward girl, Ive never been a girly girl and Ive never thought of myself as anything more than average, but maybe, I let the others convince me, I could be a look they wanted.

With my amazing group of cheer leading friends behind me I resolved to do it. My sister in law was all on board as well which helped tremendously. I found a photographer on Craigslist who was willing to do some 'first portfolio' shots for me. My sister in law came as my 'body guard/support system" and I met with Reanna of Almeida Photography for the first time.

First shoot was definitely.....choppy.....I was awkward, nervous and had no clue what I was doing. Reanna was such a wonderfully nice woman who was super helpful though in making me feel more comfortable about myself and my posing. The photos she captured for me were enough to get me approved on the model website and serve as a fun reminder to my awkward first shoot. I could never have done this without my friends, but more importantly, I would never have thought I COULD do this, never thought I could be more than average, without them. Thanks guys I love you.






No comments:

Post a Comment