Thursday, March 24, 2011

For David

So sometimes a photographer will offer nothing in the way of themes and ask "well, do you have any ideas?" those photographers often annoy me as I like collaborating and coming up with ideas WITH them, not carrying the whole shoot and letting them just shoot me. I want to know I'm working with an artist who cares about what his photos say, not just someone who owns a nice camera and wants to take photos of girls with it. This hasn't happened to me often, as I normally end conversation with them when I realize they have nothing truly to ofter aside from a fancy camera.

Other times, like when I worked with Bruce Hart of Crendo Photography in Salem, we do a trade. Bruce and his wife focus on things like Senior Portraits, Infant, and Boudoir photography and they had just gotten a new studio. They needed more Boudoir shots desperately for their website and portfolio so they can justify their cost to customers and thus were asking for models to test with them.  I agreed to test for them and told them I would like to do something fun and silly in return. Something, inspired by my husband.

So David was a kandi kid. A raver of the 90s with all the bright colored pony beads and the crazy colors. I wanted to do a shoot for him that he would find adorable. So we went BRIGHT and fun. I can never change the fact that I wasn't a true kandi kid, but I can always play dress up for my husband. haha















No comments:

Post a Comment