Thursday, March 17, 2011

Alias

So, many people have asked about my name "Why Amber Araneae?" Some people think I need something more flashy, or less flashy depending on the person. Some people think Araneae is my middle name, others ask what my nationality is with a last name like that, I just laugh.

My nickname since childhood has been Spider. My uncle gave me this nickname because I was an awkwardly tall thin girl 'who was mean', it was a retaliation to me calling him Uncle Monkey cause he has, by far, the hairiest chest Ive seen ever. So Spider has been a family nickname for years.

Its followed me for a long time. I go by the name Liante on various things as that's the Lord of the Rings Elvish word for Spider. But when it came to me choosing a model name/alias it just seemed too exotic, too hard to pronounce. Plus Ive responded to Amber my whole life, why change it?

In short, I chose Araneae as its the Order name for Spiders.  Its a rare person who knows that, and a fun nerd fact when I tell them where my name came from.
It comes through in some of my shoots from time to time.
 Titled "Black Widow" by Jeff Mawer because of my tights

Titled "Webs" by Visioluxus

No comments:

Post a Comment